We offer the drivers license test for students and non-students. Per Colorado law, a permit must be held for 1 full year prior to being eligible for the drive test if under the age of 18. Over the age of 18 can receive their permit and license in the same day. The test is done in your personal vehicle.
The drive test prep is designed to give specific feedback regarding driving behavior and its relation to the drive test. Highly recommended for anyone feeling under prepared for the drive test or has been driving as an adult and has specific driving behaviors that could cause a fail on the test.
Location: Safeway - at the seating area inside Starbucks. 880 S Perry St, Castle Rock, CO 80104.
Bring these items inside Starbucks:
- Valid permit held for 12 full months (if under age 18). If your permit is a temporary permit, a picture ID is required.
- Valid registration and proof of insurance
Once the test is passed, the results will be submited to the state's database immediately. Visitation to the DMV can occur right after the test. Out of state permit will need to go to a full service DMV.
Items needed at the DMV:
- valid permit held for 12 full months
- parent supervised drive log (50 hours total, 10 of which must be at night)
- DMV licensing fee (call DMV for specific amount)
- If change of address is needed, 2 forms of proof of address (parent drivers license is acceptable as long as student is under 18 and the address is correct)
- social security number
A failed test:
- requires 1 day before testing again
- can retest with us for an additional fee
- will need to visit a full service DMV to obtain license.
Drivers License Test & Prep Package | $120.00
This is a combined drive test prep and drive test. The prep and test are scheduled at different times and may not be able to be scheduled together due to availability. Both prep and drive test are done in your vehicle. Both take approximately 30 minutes to complete, totally 1 hour. The prep and drive test may be completed in our vehicle for an additional $30 per service. Please call the office to request use of our vehicle after payment and registration is processed. If you are currently a student, please schedule your prep test and / or drive test through your current student account. Register Now
Drivers License Test | $70.00
Test is completed in personal vehicle. Must have valid registration, insurance and permit. Re-tests are an additional $65. Test may be done in our car for an additional $30. Please call the office to request use of our vehicle. If you are currently a student, please schedule your prep test and / or drive test through your current student account. Register Now